Tuesday, March 6, 2007

And It Just Continues...

Well, guess who decided to show up two days late? I got an email from my father. Very brief. He told me, Happy Birthday, he loves me and he misses me. Nothing else. WTF? Then contact me you bloody idiot?! Why must it always be up to me--again, why must I always parent my parents! I've done it since I was a child and can not do it any more!

And yes, attached was another PowerPoint presentation although this one was at least a bit less painful to view (well, visually) as it was all van Gogh artwork. However, it was set to the music of Don McLean's "Starry Starry Night."

Now if you haven't heard this song, you can grab a listen or take a peek at the lyrics. Okay, I don't know what the hell could be more triggering to someone who is psych disordered and has issues with their parents, who then receives this from one of them as a "birthday present!?"

And yes, I know it was written about van Gogh but still! It's not exactly cheery!

What on earth!?

I responded rather tersely and with surprise at hearing from him after such a long pause in communication.

This is not how I wished to start my day.

8 comments:

Surgeon In My Dreams said...

Gosh - I am sorry. I go through it too.

Patient Anonymous said...

Hi surgeon in my dreams, thanks for your comment and empathy. Oh, you would not believe the email exchanges that have been going on since I posted this earlier today.

I'm not sure whether I need to go immediately to my therapist or a psych ward (kidding.)

Although between that and the rather explosive conversation I had with my mother on my birthday (that I haven't blogged about) my therapy session should be rather interesting this week.

You know, I think I was actually dropped off in Roswell, New Mexico by aliens. These pathetic excuses for "parents" are really not my parents at all.

Anonymous said...

That is not the best of ways to celebrate your birthday and I am very sorry it wasn't better for you. Take care ok

Patient Anonymous said...

Hi wolfbaby, yeah, it kind of sucks but what are you going to do...or well, what am I going to do?!

There's nothing for you to do about it really (dry humour showing...)

Thanks for popping by and commenting though.

Nunya said...

too bad you can't pick your parents, pa. it's hard to just turn it off though, isn't it - the need for your parents' love & approval... if you find that switch let me know...
happy belated birthday!

Patient Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous mom, yeah, love to find that "switch." I'd love to find a switch to turn a lot of things on and off right now...

ania said...

I'm just checking in....

How is today shaping up?

I hope you've been able to enjoy it.

Patient Anonymous said...

Hi ania, you are so thoughtful. Thanks for checking in on me. Today has been rather a roller coaster yet again, I'm afraid.

Another email from my father continuing our conversation and I just let it stand.

Other adventures abound...one of which is my psych eval (the second of two) has been pushed up to tomorrow and I am thoroughly unprepared. I am busy making some "notes" now as I was even more unprepared for the previous one!

Another plate to spin on a stick in the air.

Thanks again for coming by.