Monday, February 19, 2007

Least Favourite Work Task?

Oh crap. I have been asked to put together some sort of "social function" for work. I am not good at this. I positively loathe "event planning." I am the furthest thing from a social convenor imaginable! My decision making skills fluctuate obscenely but in this area they are virtually non-existent. Ugh.

The majority of times I don't even like to attend social functions (work or otherwise but especially work) but can and will when necessary. Depending upon how things move along, I may even (eventually?) enjoy myself but it really depends on a lot of factors.

This is going to be ugly (probably not so much the attending, just the preparation.) And I don't think I have a lot of time. Shit.

2 comments:

HP said...

Ah, poor you. I used to loathe work functions (when I was in the corporate world). I hope it all goes according to plan.

Patient Anonymous said...

Thanks, hp. I am glad to have your sympathies. I am sure it will all go fine. My boss is excellent and already knows that this is not one of my strong suits so I will give her the "puppy dog eyes" and beg for mercy shall I run into trouble.

Which I probably shall.