Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sick Today...

Crap. Why do some infections just sneak up behind you and hit you over the head with a shovel? I'm at home today and thought I'd just whine. I should be in bed but I've pretty much been up since 0500hrs. When I get sick it really fucks with my insomnia--despite the fact that I'm already on sleep meds!

I just got back from a Walk-In Clinic as there was no way in hell I'd get an appt. with my regular doc. It was interesting. I got a script for Azythromycin when all I really wanted was one for my magic elixir Benzydamine (aka Tantum.) Man, if you have a sore throat, this stuff is good.

I'm always confused by the whole "antibiotic thing." It's either, "Here you go!" or "Nope, it's a virus." (Usually the latter in my case.) I know there are certain indicators, sputum colour etc... that can assist in the diagnosis but otherwise, it can be pretty hard to distinguish a lot of the bugs flying around out there, correct?

Anyway, this guy handed over the broad spectrum tabs quite easily based upon the fact that I smoke (yeah...a little...), my chest is killing me and he was concerned about encroaching bronchitis.

Hmmm.

Ah well, time for some soup, Zithro, Buckley's, Tantum and bed in that order.

No comments: